WHAT IS MICROBLADING? IS IT DIFFERENT FROM BROW EMBROIDERY AND FEATHERING?
Microblading is a semi-permanent makeup procedure using sterile disposable needles implanting pigments into the Reticular layer of the dermis. Creating hair strokes to mimic brow hairs to enhance and creating bolder or natural brow shapes. Microblading may also be referred to as brow embroidery or feathering
Does Microblading hurt?
At 2 Polished Beauty, we use a topical anesthetic cream for numbing before and during your procedure. You may feel a light scratch on the treatment area during the procedure, however, everyone’s pain threshold level varies. Please ensure to provide any medical conditions to your technician concerning the procedure and anesthetic.
How long does it last?
Typically microblading lasts about 3 to 5 years with touch-up appointments recommended every 6 to 24 months. Please note that final result are NOT GUARANTEED as each individual are different considering lifestyle and skin types etc.
How long does the procedure take?
The procedure takes about 2 to 3 hours including consultation, brow shaping, design, numbing and blading.
Am I an ideal candidate?
Microblading are widely suitable for most people. However, if you have the following conditions, please consult with your doctor before this procedure. A doctor’s note will be required at your appointment. If you attend your appointment with these conditions without an approved legitimate doctor’s note, we cannot perform the procedure and your deposit will be forfeited. NO EXCEPTIONS
· On blood thinning medication
· Have injections, fillers, laser within 6 months
· Pregnant and or breastfeeding
· Micro-dermabrasion, chemical peels or sun burn/tan within 30 days prior to your treatment
· On Accutane within a year. We recommend to be off of Accutane for at least 1 year before you consider this treatment
If you have any other conditions you are not sure of, please email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to answer.
Will I require a touch up?
Most clients will require a touch up appointment 6 to 8 weeks after their initial procedure and then follow the recommended touch up every 6 to 24 months. This is standard due to different skin types and everyone retains pigments differently. If you smoke or have oily and thick skin, your treatment area may fade much faster than others and will appear more powdery.
What should I do before and after the procedure?
Before your procedure:
· Do not thread, tint or wax your brows at least 1 week before the procedure
· If you are on blood thinning medication, please avoid taking them 3 days prior to your procedure ( an approved doctor’s note is required)
· Do not drink alcohol the night before or the day of the procedure. Caffeine consumption should be limited as well
· Sun tanning or sun burn exposure must be avoided at least 30 days prior to your appointment. If you arrive with a sun burn or tanned skin, we may reject and reschedule your appointment, your deposit will also be forfeited. Due to the skin renews itself every 28 days, as sun burn or sun tan flakes off, the pigment will go with it.
After the procedure:
· While your skin is still healing, we recommend not to wet your treated area including water, sweat or going swimming for at least 1 week and refrain from scratching and peeling the area.
· Sun exposure will affect the color of the pigment, make sure stay away from the sun especially before healing. After 2 weeks, sun scream protection is required at all time to ensure the longevity of the pigments.
· Avoid any chemical peels and laser on treated area.
Can I work after and what to expect?
· Yes you may.
· Right after the procedure, the pigment may start to get darker, more intense and a little sore as the numbing wears off. In the next couple days, the treated area will begin to scab over to heal. You must not scratch the area or peel off the scab as the pigment night come off with it. Leave the area as dry as possible and refrain from putting anything on or do anything otherwise stated.
· While your skin is still healing, it might look blotchy and uneven. This is when we re-evaluate your skin and touch up the area where it did not retain pigments.
How do I make an appointment and deposits?
· To make appointment, we are accepting clients through emails or texting only. There are limited space per month.
· Deposits are made via e-transfer. We accept cash and major debit/credit cards when you arrive at your initial appointment.